Step one will be to first obtain the correct kind of interfacing that will work for you form of interfacing fabric. Mostly these instructions will probably be on the rear of the pattern envelope which you bought. When you are creating your own patterns in your house, it might be better to first test what interfacing work on the kind of fabric you happen to be using. You just require a small bit of fabric and measure a block, fuse the piece and measure it again to see exactly what the different shrinkage was.
Now to me that is certainly doing sewing both at home and being a hobby I don’t have a fusing press or fusing machine like other clothing manufactures have. I still need to use to old reliable manner in which worked for me.
The tools that you just would want is the following:
3. Correct interfacing
I know other individuals utilize more equipment having said that i have used this process for many years rather than had any problems.
Steps to follow along with:
1. Eliminate your patterns items of the fabric and interfacing. A lot of people will suggest that you cutout you interfacing smaller compared to you interlining fabric then when you steam iron it, it won’t stick to your cloth or ironing board. That is up to you, you will know best how accurate you work.
2. Make sure before ironing the various components together that this glue dotted side are facing the wrong side of your fabric. This is quite important part since if you iron the various components together and it’s the incorrect sides it tough to get rid of the interfacing again, probably also be determined by the sort of interfacing and glue.
3. Place a cloth on the parts and ensure you iron is hot. I discovered that steam doesn’t always work effectively thus i use only a little bit of steam setting in the iron. I utilize a cloth as being a fabbric iron can leave shiny marks on non woven interfacing fabric and also you don’t want that.
4. When pressing the iron on the top of the cloth ensure that is stays for a couple of seconds about the same spot before moving onto another section. Furthermore, i do small sections at the same time no matter how small the parts are.
5. After ironing the parts let it rest to cool down for any bit before working with it to continue sewing your garment. I find it best to fuse each of the interfacing parts before actually start sewing the garment.